Thursday, May 4
PASO ROBLES (CA) – The Central Coast Olive Oil Competition honored Geyserville based Dry Creek Olive Oil Company as the Best of Show in the 2017 competition. Calivirgin Coldani Olive Ranch based in Lodi received Best of Show for the flavored olive oil category and MoonShadow based in Paso Robles took home Best of Show for the organic olive oil category. Results of 105 olive oils entered from across California can be found at www.centralcoastwinecomp.com.
"We are thrilled and honored to be recognized by such a highly regarded olive oil competition as the Mid-State Fair,” said Mary Louise Bucher, Proprietor and Master Miller of Dry Creek Olive Oil Company. “As a small, Northern California olive grower and mill, we are committed to producing the very best olive oils. While the drought this past year produced many challenges, we believe California’s olive oils continue to rival those throughout the world and are glad competitions like this one recognize the huge contributions made to the industry.”
Twelve Best of Class honors and 36 gold medals rounded out the top awards for the annual competition.
- Dry Creek Olive Company, Geyserville – Best of Class – Frantoio & Leccino Blends, Citrus and Mono Cultivar
- Calivirgin Coldani Olive Ranch, Lodi – Best of Class – Herb Flavored
- MoonShadow Grove, Paso Robles – Best of Class – Organic Mission Blends and Organic Ascolano
- California Olive Ranch Inc., Chico – Best of Class – Arbequina and Arbequina Blends
- The Olive Press, Sonoma – Best of Class – Mission
- Fandango Olive Oil, Paso Robles – Best of Class – Organic Arbequina Blends
- Canto Sol, Pasadena – Best of Class – Other Blends
- Points North Blend, Paso Robles – Best of Class Other Blends
The Central Coast Olive Oil Competition, hosted annually by the California Mid-State Fair in partnership with the Lodi Grape Festival received 105 entries from 35 producers. Judges indicate the quality of entries improves each year.
The winning oils will be featured during the California Mid-State Fair, July 19-30, 2017 and at the Lodi Grape Festival, September 14-17, 2017.
The 2017 California Mid-State Fair runs July 19 through July 30. This year’s theme is “Come One, Come All!”