Board Meeting Agendas
NOTICE OF MEETING
16th District Agricultural Association
California Mid-State Fair
Thursday, January 26, 2017
“To Celebrate our Dynamic Community”
“The 16th District Agricultural Association produces the California Mid-State Fair, which preserves, promotes, and showcases agriculture, the arts, the talents of our citizens, and the traditions of our region while maintaining a dynamic multi-use and solvent year-round event center.”
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Flag Salute
- Introduction of Guests
- Approval of Absences
- Approval of Minutes: December 14, 2016 Board Meeting
- Public Comment Period: This is the time the public may address the Board on items other than those listed on the agenda. Public comments shall be limited to five (5) minutes per speaker. Comments on items which are listed elsewhere on the agenda should be held until that item is being considered so that public testimony can be considered at the time the item is deliberated.
- Consent Agenda: Items hereunder on the Consent Agenda are considered routine, not requiring separate discussion and will be enacted in one motion. Individual Items A, 1-3, and B. 1 are approved by the vote that approves the Consent Agenda, unless an item is pulled for separate consideration.
- Approve Standard Agreements:
- 017-032 MGE Underground, Inc
- 017-039 Young Life, Central Coast Region Leadership
- 017-003 Ag Safe, ALRGFLC
- 017-036 Simply Clear Marketing, Home and Gourmet Expo
- Approve Rental Agreements: None
- Approve Judging Agreements: None
- Approval of Committee Meeting Minutes:
- Finance Committee Meeting, December 13, 2016
- Old Business
- Heritage Foundation Barn Project
- Grandstand/Backstage Project
- Strategic Plan
- New Business
- 2017 Committee Assignments: President Darway
- Cannabis/Hemp Evnet Contracts
- Annual Dinner – Friday, February 3, 2017
- Table Reservations (Table of 8 or 10 for Directors)
- Program Review
- Assignments for Award Presentations
- Other Discussion
Review of program, planning, and discussion.
- Resolution Regarding Worker’s Compensation Coverage for Board of Directors, Junior Fairboard Members, and Other Volunteers for 2017:
This is a State requirement that is done annually. Consider resolution that members of the Board of Directors and Junior Fairboard of the 16th District Agricultural Association, and any volunteers donating time for the 16th District Agricultural Association, be covered by the 16th District Agricultural Association’s Workers’ Compensation insurance while performing their volunteer work for the year 2017.
- Acceptance of resolution regarding Workers’ Compensation Coverage as presented.
- Amend, Modify, or Reject Approval.
- Matters of Information
- Staff Reports
- Manager’s Report
- Directors Open Forum
- Closed Session: Closed Session will be held to consider, under Government Code Section 11126(a), personnel; litigation; real property.
Date of Notice: January 13, 2017